Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As a Promoter...

What will u think when u hear bout this word 'promoter'?
A) annoying
B) very annoying
C) super duper annoying
Many people actually think that working as a promoter is an easy job: work less,high pay,and short working hours...I am one of them who think like them when i work for a well known beer company,i just stand at the counter there(most of the time sitting on the beer..),people will come to purchase one carton and one carton(i even didn't need to promote oso!!)All i need to do is list down the number of carton i sell in the end of the day,and then i can 'sau kong' balik rumah tidur!And in the end,i still get my pay,and yet it is not a small amount for me!
Until the day i became a promoter,to promote a beauty product from France(something like facial spray,hydrate and moisturize skin),my value and perception to promoter totally change.I only realized that working as a promoter is so so damn hard and tired,everyday regretting of taking this job(i think i already regret the moment i accept this job),crying without tears.....
It's is so so depressing when you talk and explain long long to those "potential customer" and after that they just walk away without buying anything from you(most of the time people just shake their head,waving their hand and refuse to listen to your explaination).It's so so sad when people avoiding you like avoiding SARS.It's so so stressful when you did not hit the target set by ur boss.My body like dwindling and getting smaller and smaller when i face my supervisor... No matter how hard i try to promote and sale,my hard work was like石沉大海,无声无色.I even started to question am i not good enough in explaining and pursueing,or is it my face scared the customer away??
Thank goodness my supervisor is very considering,since my sale was not very ideal.And i learnt that the reason the previos girl before me sale was good from the other promoter because she chased over the customer around the shop even until the cashier,硬硬sale to customer even customer already reject,and she was compliant by the customer(not only one),and then only i relieved and feel better.At least i am not irritated...haha!
So,after all,i would like to appeal all of you,next time when you see a promoter working hard on promote,treat them good.Even you are not interested to listen to their's explaination,you can just give them a couraging smile and decline them politely.They will appreciate and have motivation to move on again with ur courage.

5 comments:

  1. Haha...actually now i'm stepping deeper to promoter world too. hope everything ll be fine....


    Gambahteh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. promoters look also dun look at me. why? cuz i look like 14-15 year old girl with no buying power, so they won't come n bug me.
    sometimes go into a shop, the promoters won't layan me also, cuz im a small little girl. n my voice like a little girl too. hahahaha! is this good or bad? i duno lo.

    but honestly, im afraid of promoters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, i saw a tall and skinny boy selling credit card keep layan his "potential customer" from one end to another end.(i dunno he success to negotiate dat customer o not?)i saw him follow da uncle from cashier to a very very far far place...till i cant see.

    then one of my collague very hardworking too, he keep stand up to say leng zai leng lui free modem ah come subscribe lah got interest mah let me explain to you...oooh mister miss this broadband very convenient ah blah blah black sheep...

    i will NOT as hardworking as them.cuz my skills are not as gud as them mah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya lo,this kind of promoter very 'dak yan keng',no wonder ppl will afraid of promoter la.my face d skin very thin,i can't allow myself to do te same thing like them,begging ppl to buy things from me.
    cat cat,luckily u study accounting not marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha i dont promote....

    When only the customer looks at me then i'll smile to them ''innocently'' and says:''sunsilk?'' Then show them the shampoo i'm holding.

    Then if they interested they'll ask me, then i just layan if not they 'll smile smile n walk away haha.

    Whoever hired me'll regret de haha

    ReplyDelete